Being away in the UK for five nights, without my children, was a genuine, much needed break. Parenting 24/7 and home educating three active, bright and full on girls, in another country to their home, is exhausting and, as much as I love them and sharing so much amazing time with them, I totally needed a ‘mental health’ break 😉
The week before I went away my camera came out a lot more than usual. I wanted to capture slices of every day life with my daughters, to take stock of those special moments and cherish them.
So, here are a few moments I loved in that week…
- Finger painting with Miss 3 and capturing the thrill and delight as she really let herself go and explore the texture of the paint on her hands and the way it spread on the paper –
- Creative inventions with some connecting rods –
- Dive bombing in the swimming pool –
- Chilled out story time and naps with Miss 3 –
- Drinking white wine in the afternoon, as I had no where to drive (and I like to pretend I’m at a wine festival in Marlborough, New Zealand, from time to time – parenthood demands a strong imagination and lots of creativity!).
- And these chocolates…. that ALL the family are devouring and loving!
And after my amazing trip away (Part 1 here), they welcomed me home with a fabulous greeting (young Miss 3 even had ‘Welcome Home Mum’ written on her face with face-paints, courtesy of Miss 8!)!
Joining in with Things I’m Loving…
I wholeheartedly believe that no matter what is happening in your life,
there is always something you can be thankful for… no matter how simple it is.